Did you graduate from your post-secondary program within the last 12 months? Do you have a passion for social media and marketing but haven’t been able to get a foot in the door? If so, this might be the role for you. The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Marketing team in the execution and management of various social marketing initiatives.
The Storm Insurance Group is a National, award winning, Multi-channel insurance distributor consisting of six divisional companies. As Social Media Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to work on National marketing campaigns, gaining immeasurable experience you will carry with you as you advance your education and enter into the workforce.
Who You Are:
You have your eye on a career goal to excel in the Communications, Public Relations or Business Marketing. You are a dynamic individual, a fast learner and work with a customer centric attitude. With strong time management and prioritization skills, you will support the Storm Insurance Group and Corporate Operations with multiple Marketing and Communications initiatives. You are self-starter, quick to pick up new concepts and run with a task, collaborator and detailed oriented.
Using Post-Secondary learning and skill development, the Social Media Coordinator will apply their skills in the following areas:
- Help develop, implement and manage our social media strategy
- Define our most important social media KPIs
- Work to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Manage and oversee social media content calendar
- Manage Search Engine Marketing and Analytics reporting
- Measure the success of every social media campaign
- Keep abreast of the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Use social media marketing tools such as HootSuite
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network
- Provide constructive feedback
- Research and industry media monitoring, including the activity of company competitors
- Create and distribute engaging written and graphic content in the form of e-newsletters, web page and blog content, or social media messages
- Attend weekly Corporate Operations & Innovation Team meetings
- Manage internal communications and sponsorship requests
Brand new, bright office environment. Accessible on one level.
Skills, Effort, Competencies and other Specifications:
- Post-secondary education Certification/degree.
- Demonstrable experience in social media management, content creation & scheduling
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, TikTok and other social media best practices
- General understanding of SEO / SEM and web traffic metrics
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Ads
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Digital and Traditional media best practices
- Engaged and collaborative team player with a positive attitude.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Languages: English (French an asset)
- Extended periods of sitting at a desk and computer.
- Ability to function in a high pressure time sensitive environment with the ability to meet assigned tasks. Requires strict attention to detail and procedural adherence.
- Detailed Oriented, critical thinking, embraces change, builds alliances.
- Must be goal oriented, organized and have the ability to prioritize.
- Must have a strong work ethic, be a problem solver and have the ability to work independently.
Education Requirement: Post-secondary education, preferably Business (Marketing), Communications, or Public Relations programs.
Hours: 40 hours per week – Monday to Friday – 8:30 – 5:30 pm.
Term: Full Time
Send your resume and cover letter by applying to the position on indeed, subject: Social Media Coordinator
Reference ID: Social Media Coordinator
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent