Storm Insurance Group – Halifax, NS
Are looking for an award-winning, growing and passionate company to work for?
Join Canada’s Top Brokerage, Storm Insurance Group. Storm Insurance Group is the winner of the 2019 Brokerage of the Year award (named by Insurance Business Canada) Storm Insurance was the finalist in IBC’s 3 categories, Digital Innovator, Employer of Choice and took home the Brokerage of the Year award!
Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Operations, the Innovation and Digital Operations Manager will work with divisional business leaders, the innovation team and IT partners to deliver digital and innovation insurance solutions to drive business growth, improve efficiencies, and seek new distribution models.
- With a focus on digital and innovation solutions, collaborate with leadership to understand, define and document strategic goals and initiatives including business growth, resources, people and operational efficiencies.
- Working with the business, prioritize the various divisions insurance programs and products enhancement projects, focusing on digital solutions, market opportunities, product expansion and customer experience.
- Prepare and deliver on project charters and plans, meeting objectives, timelines, budgets and project outcomes.
- Lead the innovation development team, including insurance underwriters, business analysts and IT developers. Design and recruit innovation teams to deliver on business priorities.
- Provide regular briefings to the Vice President on achievements, progress, risk management and pipeline.
- Establish in-house IT system quality management guidelines, policy and procedural documents, auditing measures and reporting measures.
- Promote Storm Insurance Group as a leader in innovation and digital insurance solutions.
- Oversee the risk management, cyber protection, and business continuity measures of the Companies IT platforms.
- Research and stay current on industry innovation and digital trends.
- Collaborate with the Operations and Marketing team to communicate, launch and maintain innovation platforms.
- Financial management including approving and monitoring expenditures.
- Perform other related duties/special projects as assigned.
- University Education, Bachelor of Commerce or Computer Sciences.
- More than 5 years in progressive leadership roles
- Proven abilities to build relationships with stakeholders including senior management, staff, vendors and business partners.
- Experience leading innovation, transformation or IT development strategies and teams.
- Experience in carrying out the full project life cycle, bringing new products or solutions to market.
- Project Management Designation (PMP or equivalent), preferred. Applied knowledge of project planning, estimation, Gantt charts, tracking and escalation measures.
- Insurance industry experience and knowledge. (C.I.P., insurance related designation, an asset.)
- Strong people leadership with experience leading, managing and motivating diverse teams.
- Professional communication skills, effectively communicating with insurance companies, underwriters, brokers, clients and business partners.
- Strategic thinker and strong decision maker
- Inspirational and Creative
- Collaborator / Networker
- Influencer and negotiator
- Results Oriented and Accountable
Work Location: Dartmouth, NS
Experience the rewards of a growing company.
- A workplace that is innovative and growth-minded. We’re not shy to invest and take calculated risk to grow our business.
- A role that is challenging, rewarding and offers continuous change.
- A strategic direction where employees know how they contribute to the overall company.
- Our priorities are our service, innovation, community, growth, and profitability
- Competitive Total Rewards benefit package.
- Professional Development opportunities.
Storm Insurance Group is one of Canada’s leading and fastest growing multi-distribution insurance organizations. Storm Insurance Group’s family of companies include: A.P. Reid Insurance, Axxium Assurance Inc, MyGroup Insurance Broker Ltd., Agile Underwriting Solutions, Sheppard Insurance Services and ZipSure Digital Insurance Brokers.
Our Purpose – Serve. Adapt. Innovate. Lead. (SAIL)
Apply to Storm Insurance Group
To apply to our open positions, ‘Apply Now’ through Indeed or visit www.stormins.ca/careers to upload your resume. Please include your salary expectations.
As an applicant, you agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with Storm Insurance Group, your personal information may be retained for recruitment purposes only for a period up to twelve months.
We thank you for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are invited to an interview, please get to know us in advance and come with questions! We want this to be a two-way dialogue. Find us at www.stormins.ca.
Storm Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Storm Insurance Group will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email us.
Job Types: Full-time