A. P. REID INSURANCE Ltd. – Halifax, NS
Looking for an award-winning, growing and passionate company? Join Canada’s top performing insurance company A.P. Reid Insurance, a Storm Insurance Group company. Storm Insurance Group was ranked Canada’s #2 insurance broker in 2019, and we’re hiring!
As one of our valued and high performing Personal Lines Insurance Advisors, you will provide superior service to customers by listening to their needs, identifying insurance solutions, servicing a book of business and building customer loyalty. You’ll promote our innovative, new self-serve Client Access Centre where our customers can now log in to their online account to view their policy documents, update their profile and request changes!
- Provide exceptional service to an assigned book of business with the priority of client retention, understanding clients needs and providing professional insurance advise;
- Respond to customer inquiries for their insurance needs, in accordance with established service timelines, regulations and procedures;
- Prepare and present quotes for quality business and re-market policies when appropriate;
- Promote our new Client Access Centre, a self-service insurance portal.
- Post-secondary school education and/or equivalent on the job experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ insurance experience
- NS General Insurance license, mandatory.
Skills and Competencies
- The utmost Integrity and professional ethics
- A professional level of English (both verbal and written) required.
- Customer Service focused and willing to adhere to company policies and procedures
- Positive energy and forward thinking mindset
- Results -oriented
- Excellent Time Management & Organizational Skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proficient with computers and information management systems. (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, EPIC would be an asset, etc.).
Our Ideal Candidate:
You are a top performing individual with a core value of customer excellence and embracing change. You are a quick learner, tech savvy and have a desire to establish a very rewarding career with unlimited potential.
Storm Insurance Group, Canada’s #2 Brokerage (rated by IBC) is one of Canada’s leading and fastest growing insurance organizations. Storm Insurance Group’s family of companies include: A.P. Reid Insurance Limited, MyGroup Insurance Broker Ltd., Agile Underwriting Solutions, Sheppard Insurance Services and ZipSure Insurance Brokerst Ltd.
Our Purpose – Serve. Adapt. Innovate. Lead. (SAIL)
Experience the rewards of a growing company.
- A workplace that is innovative and growth-minded. We’re not shy to invest and take calculated risk to grow our business.
- A role that is challenging, rewarding and offers continuous change.
- A strategic direction where employees know how they contribute to the overall company.
- Our priorities are our service, innovation, community, growth, and profitability
- Competitive Total Rewards benefit package.
- Professional Development opportunities.
Our Working Environment
Business hours are Monday- Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, 37.5 hours per week. Professional office environment.
Apply to Storm Insurance Group
As an applicant, you agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with Storm Insurance Group, your personal information may be retained for recruitment purposes only for a period up to twelve months.
We thank you for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are invited to an interview, please get to know us in advance and come with questions! We want this to be a two-way dialogue. Find us at www.stormins.ca.
Storm Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Storm Insurance Group will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email us.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent