MyGroup Insurance Brokers Ltd. – Halifax, NS
Looking for an award-winning, growing and passionate company? Join Canada’s top performing insurance broker, MyGroup Insurance, a Storm Insurance Group Company. Storm Insurance Group is the winner of IBC’s Brokerage of the Year in 2019!
Customer Service Advisor Position Overview
As one of our valued and high performing personal lines insurance advisors, you will provide superior service to customers by listening to their needs, identifying insurance solutions, servicing a book of business and building customer loyalty. You’ll promote our innovative, new self-serve Client Access Centre where our customers can now log in to their online account to view their policy documents, update their profile and request changes!
Our Ideal Candidate:
You are a top performing individual with a core value of customer excellence and embracing change. You are a quick learner, tech savvy and have a desire to establish a very rewarding career with unlimited potential.
1. Provide exceptional service to an assigned book of business with the highest priority of client retention, through communication, coverage advise and understanding the clients needs.
2. While maintaining client accounts, re-market policies where appropriate, promote insurance coverage offerings to mitigate E&O claims, and
3. Actively mitigate errors and omissions through self and team auditing.
4. Handle all tasks and client inquiries in accordance with established timelines, and written policies and procedures ensuring an exceptional customer experience.
5. Prepare and present quotes for quality business to prospects and clients and close the sale in accordance with company procedures. Collect and prepare relevant and required documents (including checklists) and payments in relation to a sale and complete the new business process by completing the client file, doing relevant portal, email, memos etc. in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
6. Manage client complaints and concerns with professional communication; escalate for complex situations.
7. Handle suppliers’ requests for information such as drivers’ license, serial numbers, pictures, handle lien holder requests, prepare binders, liability cards, and other correspondence in accordance to established procedures.
8. Review the quarterly Expiry List and weekly Missed Renewals reports for your assigned book, seek out clients service opportunities for retention, re-marketing, communicating new coverage; action immediately.
9. Collect client insurance payments for either Agency / Direct billing, following financial transaction procedures; follow up as required to prevent non-payment cancellations.
10. Pursue a program of personal and professional development.
11. Foster and maintain a positive working environment within MyGroup.
12. Perform other specific duties as directed by the Operations Manager.
Scheduled work week is Monday- Friday, 12:00 noon- 8:00 pm, 37.5 hours per week. Combination of Professional office environment and Work From Home .
- Post-secondary school education and/or equivalent on the job experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ financial or insurance experience supporting a team of Advisor, or related professional service sectors.
- NS General Insurance license current, RIBO within the first 60 days and national.
- Willing to learn the insurance industry in-depth and participate in professional development.
Skills and Competencies
- The utmost Integrity and professional ethics
- A professional level of English (both verbal and written) required.
- Customer Service focused and willing to adhere to company policies and procedures
- Positive energy and forward thinking mindset
- Results -oriented
- Excellent Time Management & Organizational Skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proficient with computers and information management systems. (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, EPIC would be an asset, etc.).
Storm Insurance Group, named Top Brokerage in Canada (2019) by IBC, and one of Canada’s leading and fastest growing insurance organizations. Storm Insurance Group’s family of companies include: A.P. Reid Insurance, Axxium Assurance Inc, MyGroup Insurance Broker Ltd., Agile Underwriting Solutions, Sheppard Insurance Services and ZipSure Digital Insurance Brokers.
We are committed to leveraging our collective strengths to build a strong business that outperforms and reaches far beyond traditional barriers. And we are equally invested in our people. The career options and potential for personal growth at Storm Insurance Group is limited only by the efforts and imagination of our employees. We’re building talented, growth-minded teams who want to succeed, love coming to work and giving back to our communities.
Our Purpose – Serve. Adapt. Innovate. Lead. (SAIL)
Experience the rewards of a growing company.
- A workplace that is innovative and growth-minded. We’re not shy to invest and take calculated risk to grow our business.
- A role that is challenging, rewarding and offers continuous change.
- A strategic direction where employees know how they contribute to the overall company.
- Our priorities are our service, innovation, community, growth, and profitability
- Competitive Total Rewards benefit package.
- Professional Development opportunities.